Monday, April 4, 2016

Blog 21

Today, I was wondering what kind of art blogs are out there that would be beneficial for me to follow, so I went to google and searched. I found a great website (http://www.visualnews.com/2015/03/12/the-top-50-art-blogs-to-follow/) that listed the "top 50" art blogs to follow, and then I clicked on one of those links that took me to a website called Fubiz (http://www.fubiz.net/2016/04/04/new-inspired-conceptual-situations-by-brock-davis/) where I found the artist around which the predominant subject of this post revolves. That was a little wordy, but nevertheless, the artist I found today is named Brock Davis. Weirdly enough, he is an American but his biography on that website was in French even though it seems to be an American website..anyway, he basically takes every day objects and plays with what we think of them by altering something or placing them somewhere we wouldn't normally expect to see them in order to observe what the human mind creates and imagines. Here are some examples:




Through his photography, Brock Davis is attempting to use humorous images to provoke the human brain. For example, someone who sees the picture of the tissue box with a phone that has a picture of a mountain on its screen leaning against the box may imagine a tiny mountain goat climbing the box of tissues, or someone who sees the image of the pencils as chopsticks might cringe while imagining how it would affect the taste of the food to eat using pencils. The reactions to these pictures go on. 

Using photography to incorporate humor is something that I appreciate because my favorite type of art is humorous art. (not really political cartoons or anything of that sort, but aesthetically pretty and humorous art)

No comments:

Post a Comment