I have skipped between different ideas as I grew into new interests during the year, but my statement has not actually changed as much as I would have expected. Even though I have ended up making a concentration very different from what I originally planned, it still lines right up with my first artist statement. I am still exploring areas that interest me within appropriation and I am still transforming them into pieces that relate to current times. It just so happens that this statement can still apply to the photography pieces in my concentration. When I was first posting on this blog, I knew that I wouldn't be able to make a whole concentration on art that did not interest me, and that has played out into the changes that I have made in my concentration. Once I realized that I was getting too bored with painting, I started to look into photography (http://lightpaintingphotography.com/light-painting-artist/). I started out by exploring and writing about appropriation with technology statements because that is the main idea behind my concentration, but as time went on, I started looking into a broader spectrum of media such as photography. By the time I was on my third or fourth post this semester, I had gone from blogging about appropriation to blogging about light painting in photography. This is where I realized that I could incorporate other types of art into my concentration other than just painting, so I started working with photoshop, and then I decided to create a transition from painting to photography, so right now, I am creating a piece that combines painting and photography. Another source that has given me many ideas is the website that lists the best art blogs (http://www.visualnews.com/2015/03/12/the-top-50-art-blogs-to-follow/) . My interests have not changed conceptually, but they have formally. The formal aspects in my work have gone from painting-- whether it is blending colors together or keeping them as separate as possible-- to digital media and photography. Aside from my concentration, I finally formed an idea for my breadth because of the research I have done on this blog and also looking at previous AP students' portfolios. Some other links and websites that aided my conclusion were http://digital-photography-school.com/25-spectacular-light-painting-images/, http://www.fubiz.net/2016/04/04/new-inspired-conceptual-situations-by-brock-davis/, and http://www.thisiscolossal.com/tags/long-exposure/. These blogs and websites allowed me to further explore my interests in formally based photography, light painting, and conceptual photography. Overall, my general art interest has remained the same with only slight changes in certain aspects of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment