Monday, February 8, 2016

Blog 14

Even though I'm in the middle of painting (update pic below), I keep looking at photography. It just interests me more I guess. Anyway, I found this artist who experiments with light in photography (AKA light painting) and I love playing with shutter speed and light. His name is Bruno Mesrine, he's French, and here are a couple of examples of his photography. I tried to look into some of his biographies but they were entirely in French an and a little hard to read. From what I can tell, he takes a lot of pictures in France of different monuments and buildings and either spells words with light or edits different pictures on top of each other, which is partly what I am hoping to do soon. I also have some pictures that I might use as a breadth piece that are similar to this style. (One of them is the background on my blog)

http://lightpaintingphotography.com/light-painting-artist/

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,
    I did not realize this was your image on the homepage. Very nice. You definitely need to keep taking these and playing w the shutter speed and light. Did you try to have the sites you looked at on Merino translated in English? P.S. I like this artists work. Also, other artists you might take a look at Robert Irwin. Lawrence Weschler wrote a book that is an excellent read about the life and practice of Irwin, Seeing Is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees. I think that you would like this. I have a copy I can loan you. Also, James Turrell is interesting. Both conceptual and deal with light/perception.

    ReplyDelete