My work will continue to reflect my opinions and ideas about technology and its prevalence in our world. I will be updating the week after next with a new artist and hopefully more information about my next piece!
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Blog 9
This week, I am done with my latest piece (based off of "The Treachery of Images"), and getting ready to pull everything together from this semester and last spring for the winter art show. I'll be displaying four pieces (the gerber baby one, the apple kids, and the two I made this semester). Basically, the rest of this week I will be preparing everything to be shown downtown, so I probably won't start another piece until next semester (2016!!). At the moment, I am planning on appropriating another René Magritte work, titled "The Son of Man" and it looks like...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jenna,
ReplyDeleteHere is what Magritte said about the painting:
"At least it hides the face partly well, so you have the apparent face, the apple, hiding the visible but hidden, the face of the person. It's something that happens constantly. Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see. There is an interest in that which is hidden and which the visible does not show us. This interest can take the form of a quite intense feeling, a sort of conflict, one might say, between the visible that is hidden and the visible that is present.”
In a radio interview with Jean Neyens (1965), cited in Torczyner, Magritte: Ideas and Images, trans. Richard Millen (New York: Harry N. Abrams), p.172.
Intersting. Have you seen any of the other appropriations? google images and find it there.’ll be interested in seeing where this goes as it relates to technology.